HW: We Want Live Shows!

DRider Hawkwind at ATTBI.COM
Wed Jan 29 18:39:36 EST 2003

Pearl Jam does it.

Why can't Hawkwind???

Meanwhile, Pearl Jam has revealed further details about the official
"bootlegs" it will make available following each upcoming show. As reported
yesterday, fans who pre-order the double-disc sets through the band's Ten
Club http://www.tenclub.net fan organization will be able to access a secure
stream of unmastered MP3 files from a given show within hours of its
completion.

A mastered double-CD copy of the concert, complete with custom-designed
packaging, will be shipped two to three days later (shows from the pre-North
American tour of Australia and Japan will take seven to 10 days to arrive).
The band's soundman, Brett Eliason, will be mixing each show as it happens,
and will afterward upload the music as a digital file via a secure network
connection directly to an MP3 server and a mastering lab.

"After the show, we will literally just take the hard drive with the files
and go and upload them to the locations [where] they're supposed to show
up,"
he says. "It's exciting. The components just fell together to be able to do
this in the fashion we're doing it."

And although 72 complete shows from Pearl Jam's 2000 world tour were
available from the Ten Club and in traditional retail outlets, Curtis
stresses the 2003 shows will initially be available only through the Ten
Club. "My concern is that of retail and the consumer," he says. "Right now,
there's too much [leftover 2000 tour] product out there. Until we're able to
clean it up, we're not going to release anything to retail. Our intention
was
never to market this project in a huge way. It was intended to be a one or
two-time offer to retail and then it's gone."

Taken from www.billboard.com

Peace,