BOC: death comes like a compilation down the highway...

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Thu Jan 30 14:03:39 EST 2003

>From the BOC website:

Sony Records will release "The Essential Blue Öyster Cult" on March 18, 2003.
This compilation joins several others Sony has released in its "Essential"
series. It will contain 16 songs from BÖC's back catalog.

Songs will be: Stairway to the Stars, Cities on Flame, Buck's Boogie (studio
version), 7 Screaming Diz-busters, Harvester of Eyes, Astronomy, (Don't Fear)
The Reaper, E.T.I., Godzilla, I Love the Night, In Thee, Black Blade, Burnin'
For You, Veteran of the Psychic Wars, Shooting Shark and Take Me Away.

BUT WAIT! THere's more!

"Agents of Fortune" is being released by Sony on high fidelity SACD (Super
Audio CD) format. Release date is March 18, 2003. The disc will contain both a
Multichannel Stereo and Multichannel Surround version of the songs. It includes
one bonus track, "Fire of Unknown Origin" from those original recording
sessions (Not the later version that appeared on "Fire of Unknown Origin." The
album was remixed for surround by Shelley Yakus, the engineer on the original
recording.

Playing SACDs requires an SACD player. The discs do not play on standard CD
playing equipment.

There's always a catch, and this is it:
"A Long Day's Night" is being released on Silverline Records in 6-channel DVD-
Audio (DVD-A) format. Release date is set for February 25, 2003. This format is
playable on any standard DVD player or computer DVD-ROM drive.The disc will
also contain still images from the con

Why does anyone think we need this much redundancy at one time?
Maybe this is what happens if you sign a contract in blood with a guy in a
shark skin suit...

Jason