BOC: death comes like a compilation down the highway...

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Jan 30 13:15:30 EST 2003

On 30 Jan 2003 at 14:03, Bolts of Ungodly Vision wrote:

> Sony Records will release "The Essential Blue Öyster Cult" on March
> 18, 2003. This compilation joins several others Sony has released in
> its "Essential" series. It will contain 16 songs from BÖC's back
> catalog.
>
> Songs will be: Stairway to the Stars, Cities on Flame, Buck's Boogie
> (studio version),

Is that from 'The Guitars That Destroyed The World?'  Can't remember but I thought
that was live.  Or is that the same as one of the bonus tracks from the remasters?

 7 Screaming Diz-busters, Harvester of Eyes,
> Astronomy, (Don't Fear) The Reaper, E.T.I., Godzilla, I Love the
> Night, In Thee, Black Blade, Burnin' For You, Veteran of the Psychic
> Wars, Shooting Shark and Take Me Away.

Not a bad selection, really...

> BUT WAIT! THere's more!

Who is this guy, Ron Popiel?

> "Agents of Fortune" is being released by Sony on high fidelity SACD
> (Super Audio CD) format. Release date is March 18, 2003. The disc will
> contain both a Multichannel Stereo and Multichannel Surround version
> of the songs. It includes one bonus track, "Fire of Unknown Origin"
> from those original recording sessions (Not the later version that
> appeared on "Fire of Unknown Origin."

It's the version on the Agents remaster?

The album was remixed for
> surround by Shelley Yakus, the engineer on the original recording.
> Playing SACDs requires an SACD player. The discs do not play on
> standard CD playing equipment.

But you CAN play them on a DVD player, right?

> There's always a catch, and this is it:
> "A Long Day's Night" is being released on Silverline Records in
> 6-channel DVD- Audio (DVD-A) format. Release date is set for February
> 25, 2003. This format is playable on any standard DVD player or
> computer DVD-ROM drive.The disc will also contain still images from
> the con
>
> Why does anyone think we need this much redundancy at one time?
> Maybe this is what happens if you sign a contract in blood with a guy
> in a shark skin suit...

Yeah, well, these guys are getting closer to meeting up with that shrkskin suit guy
again, right?

tj