HW: NIK: Nikwind report

Jez Dacombe Jeremy at DACOMBE.FSNET.CO.UK
Fri Jan 31 14:49:48 EST 2003

Hi,
Saw Nik and his merry band of warriors at Bilston last night.
Main reason for going was to see the members from decades past (Slattery, Crimble, Anderson, Ollis & Dettmar).
Wasn't expecting much musically, but generally exceeded expectations.
Streets ahead of last time I saw Nik, Huw, Ollis & Crimble at Welsh festival (Ystalefera) ... ie You could tell which songs they were playing!
Stuff of interest included Born To Go, D-Rider, Children Of The Sun, Master, Orgone, Silver Machine, Brainstorm, Ejection and no doubt a couple I've forgotten.
Nik welcomed tapers, camcorders & photos, but asked for copies (seems reasonable).
Del was on "axe", pretty much full time which was a marvel to witness.
Terry not changed one iota from 70/71, instantly recognisable - the 2nd drummer was his son, Sam.
Enjoyed it, good fun gig, catch 'em whilst you can.
3 others on stage as well, taking total up to 10, although later on they were also joined by some young guy on guitar (Hewitt?).
Spiky outfits a-plenty!
Jez