HW: Del Dettmar early solo work (very un-extreme music)

Dr. T. hms at ITECHMEDIA.COM
Sun Jul 6 12:31:04 EDT 2003

When Napster was going full-steam in the late 90's, I chanced upon a few
tunes by Del Dettmar; "Return of the Wolf Chicks", "It's an Idea", and one
just called "Improvisation". The guy who had these was in the UK, and I
chatted with him briefly. He said he ripped them from an Del Dettmar solo
LP that was sold during the Space Ritual days ('72 - '74?).

Does anybody have more information about this material? I haven't seen it
mentioned in any HW discographies, and was never able to catch the source
online again to get the complete thing...

>From a listen to the tunes I did get, this disc seems to be well worth
finding. Much better than them dodgy boots...

Thanks in advance.

Fast approaching the 30th anniversary of my first live HAWKWIND show -
11/26/1973...