(OFF) Vietnam

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Sun Jul 6 18:51:46 EDT 2003

Apologies for the completely off topic post - Can anyone tell me (this is
the only mailing list I'm on that has a high proportion of American readers)
why America went into Vietnam in the first place?  I know it's a "stopping
the spread of communism" thing - but what were the political arguments?

I could look this up on the web, sure, but I'd like some personal views from
Americans...

(In times gone by I would have just privately emailed this to Larry, but...)

Cheers,

Rich.