(OFF) Extreme Music - Watch out grandma

Chaos Illumination chaosillumi at CHAOSILLUMI.F9.CO.UK
Mon Jul 7 17:24:45 EDT 2003

Ahhh yes - We remember the dulcet tones of Lawnmower Deth.

Who can forget the classic titles by these sadly missed pioneers of garden
tool based thrash metal with classic lyrics such as 'Watch out grandma here
comes a lawnmower, gonna rip your face off', 'Thermo-nuclear war is good for
the complexion' and 'I got the clap and me nob fell off'.
A really funny band that were quite local to us so played the local rock
night club in around 1989.  A bit like the thrash version of The Macc Lads
(but better in my opinion).  They had a bit of a cult following around
Chesterfield - which says alot about Chesterfield I suppose.  A friend had
loads of little 'address type stickers made up that were plastered
everywhere I seem to remember.

In fact - Neil still has his t-shirt:-)

If you're really interested, or bothered then you can sample the musical
delights of Lawnmower Deth here - http://www.shipley.ac.uk/north/deth/

Brings a smile back to my face from my youthful hardcore thrasher days.

Marie & Neil - currently listening to the MP3's of Lawnmower Deth that I
forgot I had on my harddrive.