HW: Hawkfest updates

Hawkwind boclist at HWIND.GLOBALNET.CO.UK
Sun Jul 13 07:20:34 EDT 2003

Hello Folks,

 Just a quick update on what's happening at Hawkfest this year. Everything is underway and things are beginning to get hectic down here. We should have a festival office set up after we get back from the Rock and Blues festival so any queries should be dealt with quickly. We are getting tickets out as quickly as we can, so if you are still waiting, bear with us, its all under control :-)

The festival arrangements are beginning to shape up, we visited the site at the weekend and its looking great. Merrick and Julie will be there again this year with their "air sculptures" and their wonderful recycling tricycles. Peter Pracovnik will be there with his arts and crafts and will be happy to sign posters, cards etc. I believe that there will be a certain museum present.....so we all look forward to seeing what they have to exhibit :-). We did consider having a Hawkwind Karaoke set up, but this idea has met with mixed views by the organisers so I think that we are giving that a miss (unless you think differently!!). There will be a "pick up" stall for all  who are entitled to the free festie 2002 taster cd. Any other original and exciting ideas you may have for this years festie will be listened to......remember its your festival, let us know what you want.

A lot of us here in the office are great Levellers fans, so we are pleased to have Drunk in Public (acoustic Levellers) playing at the festie. It looks like they will be playing on Sunday night. Hawkwind will be playing on Saturday night, joined I do believe, by special guest, TV presenter Matthew Wright, who impressed us all at the Astoria with his stunning rendition of Spirit of the Age!

Still looking for some walk around acts....stilt walkers, jugglers, acrobats, street theatre etc......so come on all you budding performers, get in touch!

The site opens at 12 midday on Friday 8th August (the day before my birthday :-}) So look forward to seeing you all there..The BRIGHTER the better!!!!!!

Best wishes, Kris.

BANDS CONFIRMED SO FAR

Hawkwind with Arthur Brown, Drunk in Public (acoustic Levellers), Tribe of Cro, Big Amongst Sheep, Bruise, Mr Quimby's beard,  Spacehead, Proteus, Little Big Men (Richard Chadwick project), Alien Dream, Litmus, Relentless (Featuring Martin Griffin on vocals!), Assassins of Silence, Horace X, Tarantism, PXR1 and Hawkwind related jam sessions, (more acts to be added, expect a few surprises!)

 OTHER ATTRACTIONS INCLUDE

Family friendly -  with a children's area and kid's activities.

A green area with massage, healing etc

Drum, Circus and Belly dance workshops

Beer, Cocktail, Wine and Tequila bars

Food stalls and cafes

Dance Tent

And much more

Any bands wishing to play at Hawkfest are welcome to bring their equipment with them and will maybe get an opportunity to play on one of the stages. This will be done by a queuing system i.e. the bands put their names down on a blackboard and if and when slots become available, the next band on the list will play. (Hawkfest tickets must still be purchased)

Tickets can be purchased through the Festival information hotline : 07977 270787

and from the Voiceprint freephone line : 0500 829262

or follow the links for credit card bookings at www.hawkwind.com

Please note that this electronic mail system is not intended to form any legal contract or binding agreement. This is for information purposes only. Please also note that this message should not be interpreted as any form of valid information. You use the information contained in this message at your own risk.