FW: HW: List of studio albums

John Rennie hawkfan at RATSAUCE.CO.UK
Thu Jul 17 14:11:18 EDT 2003

>but I bet if everyone voted on one album, WOTEOT would receive the most
votes

Possibly, but it wouldn't receive mine! It has some absolutely classic
tracks, but for me it's spoilt by the stupid Moorcockesque ramblings. Even
at age 14 when the album was released I thought they were a bit puerile, and
now I'm 42 I find them positively embarrassing.

Of the early period Doremi Fasol Latido is my favourite. It's consistently
good from start to finish with not a duff track on it. Of the Charisma
albums Quark Strangeness and Charm, Hawklords and PXR5 all vie for being my
favourite. Post Calvert I don't think Hawkwind ever regained the heights,
though I find myself listening to Alien 4 quite a lot at the moment.

JR