HW: Hawkfest and German/Dutch Dates

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Tue Jul 22 09:27:48 EDT 2003

RikRx declares...

Other Information:
        Sat 16th August: GERMANY, Kloster Cornberg Festival
        THE FESTIVAL IS NOW IN WILHELMSTHAL NEAR EISENACH/THÜRINGEN
        Lineup includes: Hawkwind, Chris Spedding, Chicken Shack, Them,
Stray etc.
        Tickets Hotline +49 (0)03691-721299 (GERMANY)
        Ticket price includes Camping - 35EUR
        Further information (in English) with full directions & maps etc.;
        Festival Website: www.thinkprogressive.de/eng.html

>THE FESTIVAL IS NOW IN WILHELMSTHAL NEAR EISENACH/THÜRINGEN

Whoa...I think you put in the wrong location for this one.
I just came back from there, that's where Burg Herzberg was
held this year.  I think the *Herzberg Classics* fest (previously
known as Kloster Cornberg) is being held north of Alsfeld,
in der Naehe von Schrecksbach, state of Hessen, previously
West Germany.  It's northwest from Fulda.  At least that's
what it says on the website, and on the posters that were
hung up at Burg Herzberg.

Some folks asked me (because of my Dec. 2000 HW t-shirt) about
who exactly was going in Hawkwind there in August...so there's some
interest there from those who have been waiting since 1996 to
see them again, since the last time? they played in Germany (BH'96).
And one guy who was totally chuffed that Arthur Brown was now
with them...so I hope now that he's along with the group for this
show!

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  BTW, I don't think I'm going to the Classics fest...given
that I'm already going to three fests in four weeks, and will
have seen HW, Damo, and Birth Control (other participants of
interest to me) in recent days (by then...Damo this weekend at
Finkenbach, and HW on Aug. 9).

P.P.S.  Nektar was really cool.