Rock & Blues Custom Show

OS-NET admin at SHROPS.NET
Mon Jul 28 07:41:39 EDT 2003

Hi...

I was there, I work with Budgie Management..(www.budgie.uk.com)

Backstage it was wet, miserable cold boring and very very muddy.

We had to drive down a long mud path to get to the backstage area to be
greeted by a miserable guy who said, "you can't park here there is no room
path, I can't see how I can get back up. The fact Budgie were in my car and
we all had the relevent passes seemed to matter not. We parked by our
dressing room and thats where we stopped (no room, there was only 6 cars and
van down there).

We spent the next few hours sitting in the Green Room (A big tent with a Tea
Urn) drinking Tea..
Had a chat with Alan Davey "nice chap" and Richard Chadwick was exited about
Budgie being on as he had been a fan since the early days.

The stage organisation was chaos in the extream, the PA was crap, the sound
guy had no Idea and we were all falling over each other.

Rainbow Rising were really nice guys but I did not enjoy their set.
Our Band Budgie were OK but sound was crap, I went out front about 15 rows
back and the Guitar amp was cutting over the PA.
Molly Hatchet, the less said the better, they kept themselves to themselves
all day.
Hawkwind (My favorite Band), again I went 10 rows back and could not hear
them..

Left around midnight only to be told by the gateman " you won't get your
band out its too mudy, you will have to wait till morning"
I got out...got home and dried out.

See you all at the Hawkfest

Pete Williamson