English money

kprocter at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK kprocter at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Mon Jul 28 08:17:32 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, M Holmes wrote:

> kprocter at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK writes:
> >
> > > So there is Scotish currency?
>
> >  Not Scottish currency, so much as Scottish versions of the
> > banknotes.
>
> Not exactly true.  Three banks in Scotland still have the right to issue
> private currency.  Legally it must be reserved 100% at a one to one
> exchange rate with English currency.

 Sorry, I couldn't remember quite how it worked and didnt' want to get
it wrong *and* be complicatd at the same time.

 (FWIW, I've had English notes refused in Aberdeen)

--
Kirsten Procter                                                 ghoti
But what would I know? I've seen Sam Fox live