Rock & Blues thoughts

DRider Farflung at COMCAST.NET
Tue Jul 29 18:28:05 EDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Linsley [mailto:alankerren at YAHOO.CO.UK]

<big snip>

I completely missed Rainbow Rising but apparently Dumpy guested with
them.  Heard a bit of Budgie on the way in (Panzer Division Destroyed)
and saw them round off their set with Breadfan (of course) for the
encore.  They were pretty solid, wish I'd seen the whole set, it was
nice to see they're still going.  I was really looking forward to
seeing Molly Hatchet coz I used to be partial to a bit of the ol'
Southern Fried Boogie, but I couldn't stomach the singer spouting his
nonsense about the US military keeping us all "free" (you know the
kinda stuff, "our boys in Vietnam" blah blah), and when they started
abusing an audience member who was videocam-ing them I decided to
wander off to the beer tent (my Molly Hatchet LPs are going to the
charity shop).  The singer carried on trying to get the audience to
shout "Hell yeah!" to which those around me at least replied with 2
entirely different words (the second of which was "off").
Please note: this is NOT the REAL Molly Hatchet!!

Before you take your Molly Hatchet records to the charity shop,
have a look to see who is on those records - namely Danny Joe Brown
singing - not the wanker you saw!

D-Rider
Jacsonville, FL