Off Derby Rock'n'Blues

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jul 30 11:44:59 EDT 2003

> > Let's try and give you a taste of the atmosphere first - just think of
> > Rock n Blues as your classic biker fest.  A field in the middle of a
> > gorgeous part of the English countryside turned into a carpet of mud
> > and crushed beer cans in a matter of hours.

Yeah well, some of us spent an hour with a hoover picking up the cans
around the front of the stage. Admittedly some of us were well out to
lunch and thought for some reason that this was fun.

> > You had your tent selling
> > official Outlaws MC merchandise, which I thought was a bit bizarre -
> > when I were a lad I was taught the Angels belted you if they caught
> > you wearing anything resembling "their" colours, now they sell them to
> > you.

Don't knock it. I got a video of 2001 at Donnington with some Hawkwind
on it, plus interview. I guess I may have to recall all those bikers
tapes for an update. Maybe I'll even get the trades done this time.

> Hear hear...  (tell the truth I can't remember much detail of the
> performance)- just know I enjoyed the set.

Does that happen to you too?

> Thanks to the Outlaws for hosting the event & all the bands for
> playing their best.

Ditto.

> > Maxine

FoFP