OFF: Steve Hillage 'Light in the Sky'

Rich Warren cosmicdolphin at COMCAST.NET
Wed Jul 30 13:16:45 EDT 2003

Having been a Gong Fan for many moons, I picked the new Virgin/EMI Steve Hillage
Compilation 'Light in the Sky'

What a cracking album, very glad I picked it up indeed, has a superb b side
collaboration with Tim Blake called 'Shimmer', and 'Ether Ships' is just a
phenomenal track. 'Activation Meditation/The Glorious Om Riff' is truly awesome.

The compilation skips 'Rainbow Dome Musick', 'Open', and 'For to Next/And Not
Or', and takes all it's tracks from the first 5 albums.

The sound is bolt clear, so the Hillage remasters should be worth the wait. I
hadn't realised 'GREEN' was such gem, it must be based on the 4 tracks I'm
hearing on this compilation.

Rich W