HW: "Go Go Pendolino" and the Race for Space

Engineer Benny vulcanfoundry at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Fri Jun 6 10:26:31 EDT 2003

Ok Nick,

In the 19th Century Mr Stephenson built a Steam Locomotive called
"Rocket" which symbolized the beginning of the Space Race.

Bob Calvert's Captain Lockheed project is a Brilliant example of how
taking technology too far can screw things. The film "The Right Stuff"
is a more patriotic story of the race for space and how fighter pilots
were trained up to be astronauts.

So how could this not be Hawkwind related?

> Errr.... is this even remotely HW related?

London