BOC: Blue Oyster Cult at the Astoria & all

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Jun 9 07:21:34 EDT 2003

On 7 Jun 2003 at 21:02, Tim Hall wrote:

> >However like troupers they gave a good performance, but it was always
> >on auto pilot, i thought that there were to many empty seats,
>
> Empty seats is a worry; if not enough punters turn up, might be longer
> before they tour here again.
>
> >Dr. Music

Yuck!  No wonder they have empty seats!

> >ETI
> >Stilts
> >Harvester
> >Burnin
> >Shooting Shark
> >Tattoo Vampire
> >Divine Wind
> >Cities In Flame
> >I Love The Night
> >Godzilla
> >Reaper
> >Red & the Black
>
> Interestingly different setlist to the last tour.

Pretty neat setlist, although it's missing a lot of killer stuff like TCtLDoM, Buck's
Boogie, Flaming Telepaths, D&S, which, granted, are pretty standard and
predictable stuff they play over here all the time, but can be counted upon as crowd
pleasers.  Considering they played short, I'm not sure I'd have wanted Dr. Music or
Shooting Shark in the list.  ILtN would be great--I think I've only seen it live once...

Divine Wind is
> appropriate post 9/11 (The lyrics could easily be about Osama)

Esp. Given BD's [sadly] right-wing politics...

> Nice to see Shooting Shark (one of my favourite later BOC) songs *and*
> I Love the Night.
>
> They had better do Astronomy in Manchester on Wednesday.  Not only is
> it my favourite song, but I've yet to see them play it live.

Hope you hear it.  I would've been pretty bummed over the above set...

theo