BRAIN: Brain Surgeons Gig, June 6

Jeff Berry nexus at PANIX.COM
Mon Jun 9 14:00:45 EDT 2003

>> However, such minor bits
>> of equipment failure pale next to the legendary Pyramid Club gig of '95.
>Why? What happened at the Pyramid Club?

That was the gig where the power went out completely, what, 2 or 3 times?
And the last time they couldn't seem to get it back on.  So I seem
to remember Albert just playing an extended drum solo, since you
could hear the drums, while Deb gave a virtuoso air-guitar performance
in which the rest of the band joined in.  To add to the effect, the
drag-queen (no, really) in charge kept running back and forth trying
to get the power back on and the sound going again.

IIRC, the set was pretty much abandoned at that point.

It's a memory I will always treasure, since I had moved to NYC
in Jan. of 95 and that was one of the first times, if no the first,
I had gone to see a club gig.

JB