HW : introductions

David Blair drb.serendipity at DSL.PIPEX.COM
Mon Jun 16 16:57:47 EDT 2003

In article <003401c3343d$f5e54a80$fe79a8c0 at KUN2P>, Chris Purdon
<ClyvedonPress at TALK21.COM> writes
>Same here. Roadhawks was my first album, and it remains their best compilation
>to this day. Read the inside, all those Diks, Miks and Niks, thought it was
>great, and only enhanced by the druggy photo with all sorts of pyrotechniks
>going on, the free poster and sticker.
>
>In 1975 I had heard Jeff Brown on Newcastle's Metro Radio (anyone on here from
>up there at the time remember him?)

Oh god yes - the "hot and heavy" show. I'm still not sure what planet he
was on - one night he introduced "a great track from a great album by a
great band, this is Uriah Heep and Gypsy". He then played the Beach Boys
"Surfin USA", and didn't notice the error...

--
David Blair