HW : introductions

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Wed Jun 18 11:57:55 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 03:28:16PM +0100, M Holmes wrote:
> The style of techno stuff that they did
> at Brighton on the previous tour was to me what should be aimed at. I'd
> love to see an album of that style of stuff.

If you mean last December, then yeah, that'd be awesome!  I'm
waiting eagerly for the promised live CD of the Walthamstow gig
-- but at the same time, wishing they'd release Brighton instead!

> Richard and tim might even
> be able to pull it off with support from one guitar.

Uh huh.  Ideally, of course, the guitar would be played by Dave :-)

Back on the topic of the thread: I typically use Warrior and It
Is The Business -- I can never guess which one's going to appeal.
Except when I know the person's a rocker or a Motorhead fan, in
which case it's gotta be Space Ritual.  (For a hard-core 80's
electrobeat fan, I'd probably try Quark -- but I don't tend to
travel in the same circles as them :-)

I did work with someone in about '89-'90, who was a rabid
Depeche-Mode fan.  He didn't take to HW at all ... but oddly
enough, he quite liked Hype.

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
When I came back around from the dark side, there in front of me would
be the landing area where the crew was, and the Earth, all in the view
of my window. I couldn't help but think that there in front of me was
all of humanity, except me.
        - Michael Collins, Apollo 11 Command Module Pilot