HW, when public & private duty clash:

Burro Mike sloterdijk at MSN.COM
Thu Jun 19 16:58:53 EDT 2003

Dear friends,
it is with a heavy heart that I write this note, as it will explain why I am
now unable to travel to or perform at Hawkfest. I just found out last night
that my father in law, will be requiring an invasive surgery on August 5th
which will require a stay in hospital of at least 3-5 days.
I can not in good faith leave my wife at such a critical time when she will
be needing me most, as this is not just a 'routine' procedure.

I have been practicing the Alien Dream, Assassins of Silence stuff as well
as preparing what I had hoped would be the best ever Sloterdijk along with
Jay Adcock. I can not tell you how much I wanted to play this festival. Jay
in particular has invested a tremendous amount of time and money into the
preparations for our trip, and for this I feel very uncomfortable, because I
know he arranged his vacation time around the festival.

I also apologize to Michael Blackman ( Alien Dream), and to The Assassins of
Silence.

To Phil Smith, I hope you understand.

I wish Jayl could go and perform as Sloterdijk without me, but i know he
won't, and I feel upset even though I know I am doing the right thing.
Thanks for supporting Sloterdijk. I hope this won't cause any sour feelings
in the band either.

Cheers and all the very best...Mike Burro