HW:Re: Matthew Wright on radio 2

Mark Von Bargen mark.von-bargen at O2.CO.UK
Sat Jun 21 16:45:57 EDT 2003

 "Dave Law"  wrote:
> if anybody's interested matthew wright ended his week on bbc radio 2
> covering for regular dj steve wright (no relation) by playing silver
> machine as his last track. he also gave hawkfest a further mention and
> said he would be attending the event!
> don't know what the rest of the group think but i say good luck to him, he
> seem's to be a genuine fan and has probably given hawkwind more positive
> publicity in the last couple of months on both tv and radio, than they've
> had in years - good work fella!
> regards
> dave

 Its refreshing to come across somebody in the national media who is so
happy to publicise the group.
Pretty neat that he kept the Hawkwind track until the last play of his
stint - leaving his audience with that memory. I suppose that the BBC (who
own Radio2 for those outside the UK) stipulated Silver Machine because it
would be a track that at least some of the general audience might recognise.
All we need now is a new studio album for him to publicise.

Mark