HW: gig review

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Jun 24 21:22:16 EDT 2003

Congratulations to the newlyweds, Arin and Rich!!!

(And thanks for the review, Mike!)

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:44:32 +0100, M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK>
wrote:
>This is kind of hard to do in a gig review format since it's a wedding
>of people I admire and care about and a private party involving a bunch
>of people I really like to be around but I'd find it hard to do it
>another way...

And on today's other subject, a few off the top of my head:

"Brainstorm" - Lime-flavor "energy drink" (of the Red Bull variety, I
think Hansen's makes one in that flavor) & Tequila.

"Uncle Sam's On Mars" - Southern Comfort & Grenadine with a splash of
cream soda, garnished with a marischino cherry with an american flag poked
through it (instead of the traditional tropical-drink umbrella).

"Aubergine that Ate Rangoon" - Sake infused with eggplant juice (can you
get juice from an eggplant?!?) and/or garnished with an eggplant sliver.

"Jack of Shadows" - Jack Daniels and cola (preferably shoplifted rather
than purchased).

"Flying Doctor" - Foster's served in prescription bottles (or better yet,
Foster's with the *contents* of random prescription bottles dissolved into
it).

"Levitation" - Blue Curaco (to match the limited-edition vinyl) floating
(layered, like a black & tan) over light rum.

"Elric the Enchanter" - Vodka (preferably thousand-year-old), brandy &
dragon's milk (cream will work if the dragon cannot be safely milked).

"Secret Agent" - Martini, shaken not stirred.

Do they make an equivalent of Goldenschlager (the schnapps that has gold
flakes in it) with the less-expensive precious metal that could be used to
mix a "Silver Machine"?

I assume that folks ordering Seagrams & 7-Up at the Hawkfest will have to
order it as a "Seven BY Seven", not a "Seven AND Seven" ... (and if you
sample all of these suggestions in one night, you'll probably want
some "hair of the steppenwolf" after you wake up!) ...

Feeling thirsty now,

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com