HW various

Andrew Garibaldi Deadearnest at BTOPENWORLD.COM
Wed Jun 25 16:33:04 EDT 2003

In the past we have wanted sales stands at various Hawkwind tours/events but
it was always construed by the powers that be, that sales of our items
actually took money away from sales relating directly to the band which,
when you think about it dispassionately, is fair enough. So we've not been
present when you think we might be. While I have a living to maintain, so
has the band - and I am going to be the last person to conflict with that,
when all is said and done. However, I have applied for a Dead Earnest stand
so you never know, although I am now getting a sinking feeling that I may
just be on holiday that weekend, so it may well be immaterial. But I will,of
course let you know.
In many ways, it's like a nut still to be cracked in that I've been selling
and promoting Hawkwind-related music for a staggering 24 years now, and have
still to do such a stand at a festival or tour. One day, perhaps.
However, one thing that is pretty well in the bag, for those that are in an
area that matters, is that CD Services is about to join the record fair
circuit. We kick off at Dundee on 31st August (to be confirmed) and then
hopefully move through Scotland, and, with luck into England later on in the
year.
My congrats also to the happy Hawkcouple - may you have the 24 years of
married bliss that - somehow - I've managed, and more.
According to Tommy, the Farflung stuff is still in the "to be decided
stages". Paul from Arc Metaphor tells me that the relaunch of Bionaut may
well be imminent.
Right now,there are loads of things for CD release, "in the pipeline", so
expect a plethora (great word, that) of issues sometime soon - and look out
for the flag I'll be flying when Martin is finally happy with the Krel
artwork and text!!!
Look forward to seeing you.
Andy G.