HW:Hawkwind Wedding

Bill & Cynthia freeaqua at IINET.NET.AU
Thu Jun 26 09:09:40 EDT 2003

Congrats to Arin and Rich from Down Under. :-)

Cheers
Bill  - who won't mention the um, rugby....

----- Original Message -----
From: "t.byrne" <t.byrne at NTLWORLD.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 6:18 PM
Subject: HW:Hawkwind Wedding

Sorry: forgot the HW:
----- Original Message -----
From: t.byrne
To: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 11:11 AM

A truly inspiring weekend; congratulations to Arin & Rich

I take my hat off to Mike Holmes for having the amazing presence of mind to
itemise the set list. I am afraid I was too busy bopping.

Here is my account:

The proceedings started convivially with a wine reception. I can personally
vouch for the quality of both the red and white wines offered. Both bride
and groom were resplendent in multi-coloured outfits, a reflection of the
colurful guests, no doubt.

The wedding ceremony took place on an extensive veranda overlooking the
Atlantic. Arthur was the officiator, and his theme was the history of
marriage. We were treated to an account of marriage's pagan origins, an
explanation that the ring represented the joining of the male and female
dichotomies into a unified whole, an account of the Synod of Whitby in 664
where the church in these islands resolved to take the Roman rather than the
Celtic route, some musings on the "rule of thumb" and finally eloquent good
wishes for Arin and Rich. The happy couple then exchanged personalised vows,
supported by a good natured and stoical best man who was outrageously
dressed in a 3 piece suit.

Drinks followed and then dinner and speeches - all very well received.

As for the evening entertainment, I can't fault Mike's list - I will only
add that when Hawkwind sang "Where Are They Now" - it was obvious - they
were all on the dance floor bopping.

Congratulations to Colin Allen to pristine sound qulaity. The delivery of
all the songs was crisp and tight. Arthur has blended well into the band; an
 excellent front-man.

Many photographs were taken and will shortly be on the net, including (if
she doesn't hide it first) the wife dancing vigorously to "Assault and
Battery".

I can't tell you too much about the end of the evening, because I don't
remember it terribly well, apart from the fact that trying to find an open
take-away in Newquay after midnight is as lonely as any nocturnal walk Harry
Haller ever made. In fact, the wolf in me would have been happy with a plate
of chips, but remained unsatisfied.

What lingers after the event is the sense of everyone's bubbling good
nature. It was a real "family" event.

Tom Byrne