HW: Glastonbury

Dave Law dplaw at IC24.NET
Sun Jun 29 21:13:21 EDT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 01:50:45 +0100, Jill Strobridge <jill at THETA-
ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:

>I've just seen a clip on BBC3 of Arthur Brown on stage in the Avalon
>tent at Glastonbury.  There was rather a nice interview out in the
>Avalon Field as well reminiscing about the 1971 Glastonbury with film
>clips from the period.   Fascinating!   Hope it reappears on one of the
>highlight sessions some time next week.
>
>jill
>Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk>

nice one, on a similar but unrelated matter did anyone catch Primal Scream
from Glasto on the box last night, second track "Swastika Eyes" was IMHO
one of the best performances i've ever seen from one of these type shows
and was very Hawkwind in it's delivery (tons of spacey noises!) with a
modern twist to the sound, it was awesome (again IMHO)

the're a bit of a "pet band" of mine but there's plenty for hawkwind fans
to lap up on their last three albums vanishing point (with a cover of
motorhead), extrmntr and evil heat. appologies in advance if this has
veered to far from hawkwind, i wont do it again! (honest!)