BOC: Lemmy on BOC

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Mar 3 21:36:06 EST 2003

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:50:04 -0500, Nick English <nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM>
wrote:
>I'm surprised nobody made a bigger deal when the book first came out about
>Lemmy's thoughts on BOC. . . or maybe this all went down and I just didn't
>catch it for some reason.

I can't speak for others here, but the fact that headlining bands (or their
organisation/crew) frequently do things to screw over the openers is hardly
new news to me (nor, obviously, to Bob Mayo!).  There might have been more
of a discussion if he had commented on BOC's *music*, whether in a positive
or negative light.

>Lemmy must have been scarred pretty deeply by this, because he mentions
>this incident two more times in passing later in the book.

It WAS Motorhead's first "high-profile" gig, so I'd have to believe it
would be among the most memorable ones in Lemmy's career of thousands of
shows (memorable to Lemmy, that is).  And he's certainly notorious for
complaining about bands on the same bill being "difficult" (W.A.S.P.,
anyone?)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com