H.W - hawkwind and the beautiful game

Ben Fagin vulcanfoundry at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Tue Mar 4 06:19:42 EST 2003

I'm a Football Enthusiast, by that I mean I like to watch good Football
whoever plays it. The days of player loyalty have largely gone. Players will
just play for whoever gives them the most money, so why should fans stick to
one team? I'm not saying they shouldnt, I just wonder why.

I grew up supporting Liverpool & Scotland (Thanks to the superb Dalglish)
later my local team Arsenal, but how many of the 11 or so Arsenal players are
from the local area? Not Many. How many are from the UK? I'm not saying this
is wrong, in some respects it's very good. What I do think is wrong is people
like David Beckham earning £90,000 a week for wearing sunglasses and playing
football. The commercial aspects have ruined the game for me.

End of Rant.