RE: Heaven and Earth / Noddy

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Tue Mar 4 10:07:01 EST 2003

RL hat gesagt...

> At the end of it last week, they had a quick trailer for
> what's going to be
> on next week, and apparently they've got an interview with
> The Good Lord
> Noddy Of Holder, Patron Saint Of Leather Lunged Singers and
> Lord On High Of
> Top Three Singles.  Which, let's face it, is as close as
> they'll ever get to an interview with God.

> (Obviously this doesn't apply to our American friends, who,
> not only will they be in church on Sunday morning, will
> never have heard of Slade.)

> (That was a joke!)

I hope so (2nd part...the first was too obvious)!  Slade *did*
have a hit single in the USofA (long after their 'prime'),
something with "Run, run, away" in the chorus ("Chameleon"
perhaps, tho' not to be confused with the Boy George song).
And of course, Slade also had great success in the USA under
their other name "Quiet Riot."  :)

Grakkl (FAA), who must admit to having seen Quiet Riot...long after
one Mr. Randy Rhoads had split (and perhaps even perished) and have
to say that Carlos Carvaso (or whatever his name is) was really
a hack guitarist (IMHO) let alone having DuBros (sp?) as hack lead
singer.  What a crap band they turned out to be!

P.S.  Does anybody remember Krokus?  :)  Here in der Schweiz (home
of America's Cup BTW), they've returned (hasn't *everybody* by now?)
to seemingly great indifference....given that kids here seem to
be much more interested in some horrid band named Mash and a guy
who goes by DJ Bobo and seems to have no talent whatsoever.  And
that androgynous 'dude' named Daniel that was just ousted from
the German version of American Idol.

P.P.S.  In football, I (traditionally) root for Penn State
Nittany Lions (at the expense of Ohio State Buckeyes, who
sadly won the last championship...thank goodness I'd left by
then), but given that this sport is unknown here, has decided
to support FC Basel, who must have a miracle or two v. ManU
and/or Juve soon to retain any slim hope of advancing to the 3rd
round of the CL...and who are also single-handedly responsible
for the upcoming Celtic-Reds tie in the UEFA cup, which was quite
an astonishing feat for a little Swiss club (full of Argentine
strikers notwithstanding).  Not unlike the "Swiss yachting team"
(pronounced 'Throat-wobbler Mangrove') full of Kiwis.  :)