BOC: Lemmy on BOC

Andrew Apold andrew at SILVERWATER.ORG
Tue Mar 4 16:10:04 EST 2003

> On 4 Mar 2003 at 11:30, Andrew Apold wrote:
>
> > Well, recall that one where BOC, Man and some other band tried to do a
> > tour with alternating headlining act?

 BÖC did the tour with Sabbath, and they alternated headlining.  Last
summer's Sam
> & Dave tour did the same thing.  Probably that horrible Elton JOhn/Billy
Joel tour did
> likewise...

That's not the one I'm thinking of.  I remember someone from one of the
other bands relating how BOC would headline in the northeast, another band
would headline in the midwest, and the third band would headline in the west
coast, where presumably each of them had the largest following.  BOC was
listed as immediately taking over the dressing rooms at the start of the
tour and making everyone else change in the hallways, and the other two
bands hated BOC and united against them... until the second leg, during
which the second band did the same thing, causing BOC and ("Man", I think)
to unite against the now headlining band, and the tour fell apart before the
third leg....  The part I most remember of the account was the two
completely different descriptions of the 5-guitar lineup...