Heaven and Earth / Noddy off

Andrew Apold andrew at SILVERWATER.ORG
Wed Mar 5 09:45:01 EST 2003

> I remember Dave Letterman back in the mid 80s doing all kinds of weird
stuff
> like crushing things under a 2 ton press and dropping things off a 4 story
> building to see what happened to them - and the velcro suit and the
> trampoline - that was funny

When I was in college int he 80s, it was something to not miss.  I don't
know when exactly, but I just stopped watching it.  More than anything else,
when he changed to CBS, it was on too early for me.  I'd never be home in
time to see it.

On occasion he has a really good thing I'll catch, like when he had Warren
Zevon on for the entire show after he was diagnosed with lung cancer.....
(I'll admit I'm biased, Zevon is one of my favorite songwriters)...