OFF: MP3s, pirates, & all that jazz

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Wed Mar 5 21:21:04 EST 2003

> and when someone asks you (as a musician) what "kind" of music do you
play.
> answer - the kind of music you listen to......
> reply:
> what....
> country
> rock
> light rock
> acid rock
> heavy rock
> pop
> rap
> metal
> old school metal
> death metal
> dirty death metal with a skull jambed........ok yeah i made it up)
> grind
> goth
> ambient
> etc
> etc
> etc
> etc
> etc
>
> its amazing how many different labels there are in our modern world......

A friend & I did an album's worth of demo tapes. One track was inspired by
Mototrhead, another by Brian Eno, another by Monty Python, anther by BBC
Sound Effects albums, etc., etc.. It always annoyed me when I would hear my
brother try to explain the type of music on it by saying "It's a bit like
Pink Floyd"!

William