OFF: Heaven and Earth / Noddy

Matthew Braun mbraun at URBANA.CSS.MOT.COM
Wed Mar 5 22:24:53 EST 2003

Jeff Thompson <_jt at COX.NET> writes:
>Andrew Apold wrote:
>> >I remember Slade's American hit.
>> Weren't they the ones that did "My oh my"?
>
>Yup, from "You Boyz Make Big Noize," the album following the
>one that included "Run Run Away."

Actually it was on the _same_ album as "Run, Runaway".  In the UK, it was
"The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome", but in the US, "Cocky Rock Boys (Rule OK)"
was replaced with what became the title track, "Keep Your Hands Off My
Power Supply".  This was one album that really showed how a record company
can hack up an album when it goes to the states.  Side 2 of TAKS rocked,
but KYHOMPS rearranged the tracks, destroying the flow of one song into
another, and seemed like a real chop job in comparison.

TAKS/KYHOMPS was followed in 1985 by "Rogues Gallery", and "You Boyz
Make Big Noize" in 1986.

Richard Lockwood <rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK> replied:
>Incidentally, the "You Boyz Make Big Noize" album was originally titled "The
>Amazing Kamekaze Syndrome", but had the name changed for reasons of taste in
>the USA...
"Keep..." that was the retitled one, not "You Boyz..."

                                        m@

+-mbraun at urbana.css.mot.com-+--Experiments that failed too many times -----BOC+
|   Matt Braun -- Motorola, |    Transformations that were too hard to find   |
|  Urbana, IL Design Centre | Poison's in my bloodstream, poison's in my pride|
+Simulation Technology Team-+--- I'm after rebellion--I'll settle for lies. --+