Fw: HW: WOTEOT

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Mar 6 18:00:38 EST 2003

As others have said, forwarding private mail to a public forum without the
original author's consent is at best, extremely rude, at worst, an illegal
invasion of privacy (if someone is harassing you with threatening/offensive
email, you should contact their ISP).  But if you insist on making your
reply public ...

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:42:28 +0300, Alisa <coral at APORT.RU> wrote:
>Hey, Doug
>
>why to spam my maildbox and send me this reply to list subject privately?

this is too easy (from the searchable archives at
http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=boc-l ) ...

http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0209B&L=BOC-L&P=R1109
"Nik can't sing, can't play sax"

http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0208D&L=BOC-L&P=R3174
"gigs of Hawkwind enemy - Nik Turner"

http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0208D&L=BOC-L&P=R2863
"When you all, Nik's raging fans, stop this nonsence?"
"Nik's can't play, can't copmpose anymore."

http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0110A&L=BOC-L&P=R5186
"this crappy guy Nik Turner"

http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0109A&L=BOC-L&P=R181
"But there Nik was there who spoiled everything."

http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0207C&L=BOC-L&P=R2814
"I don't think that someone can be as bad as recent Nik Turner and Co.
shows."

http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0110D&L=BOC-L&P=R12198
"Nik can't sing since early 80's..."

http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0110A&L=BOC-L&P=R7309
"And Nik and Co should be put to shame publicly by all who claim
themselves 'honest people'."
"Maybe I should sign off this list..."

NOBODY else on this list (although I suppose there are a couple of close
runner-ups on this topic) has spewed out so many negative and unmitigated
statements about ANY member of Hawkwind (not even Dave Anderson!).  Nor
blanket condemnations of any member's fans.

Where does all that hate come from?!?!?

Please send reasoned responses to the list, and flames to private email.

Thanks,

    -Doug (not Bates - he's the polite one, not me)
     jasret at mindspring.com