Fw: HW: WOTEOT

Andrew Apold andrew at SILVERWATER.ORG
Thu Mar 6 23:54:36 EST 2003

> I have a rather naive question. Somebody said earlier here that there is
> great demand for these albums. Realistically, how many WOTEOT could be
sold
> if it was rereleased? 1,000, or 10,000 copies? It might seem in great
demand
> to some of the people on this list, but is it really?.

Good point.  Even when I already have the albums, I always look for them in
record stores
and like to rearrange the display to put the hawks in front of whoever else
is in the "H" section.
I wonder if this is a common habit, and if so perhaps their deletion might
be a result of music
stores or pressure from other artists alphabetically close to them (man, the
number of Ritchie
Havens albums I've moved to the next row to get them out of the hawks
way....).  And for the
ones I do have, it does irk me when I don't see them there.  I'll go but the
store for not having
them (this was before they were deleted.  If they got them I'd tell them I
already had them, I just
wanted to make sure someone else could get them.  Once in awhile (not that
often) I might
feel bad enough to pick it up as a gift.  But I was worried if I did they
might not reorder it
again....

Nowadays, no luck at all....