OFF: Alex Harvey (was OFF: Adventures in "H Misc")

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Sat Mar 8 12:42:04 EST 2003

> My mission to the "H" album section in te 80's always consisted of:
>
> Hawkwind
> Roy Harper
> Hillage
> and yes, even the Sensational Alex Harvey Band...don't recall the name of
it
> (have to check a discography somewhere), but I remember what I beleive was
> his last album - perhaps 1979 or, so was quite good..been trying to locate
> it.
>
> Nowadays, do most CD shopping on-line

The last SAHB one that I know of (which is fantastic) was Rock Drill. After
that, an album came out under the name of Alex Harvey, The New Band, called
The Mafia Stole My Guitar, which had on bass guitar someone who I belive is
now rather famous (but using his pre-fame name? I'll let people guess over
that one). After that game an album just under his own name (but whether it
was recorded before or not, I'm not too sure?). I could be wrong with the
title, but I seem to recall Soldier On The Wall?

William