HW: Tour Dates & Hawkfest 2003

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Tue Mar 11 11:53:07 EST 2003

Hello Kris!

That's great news that the band's making it back to the USA. Here's some
info I've found that hopefully means I'll get to see HW for the first time.
;-)

The Grassroots festival is a wonderful event held every year in the gorgeous
Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. If it's too late to get in on it
this year, perhaps somewhere down the line you might be interested in
becoming a part of it.

http://www.grassrootsfest.org/

Here's some info on the Finger Lakes as well:

http://www.fingerlakes.org/

If you can't make it to Grassroots, I would love it if you were able to play
somewhere in upstate NY. I live in Rochester and wasn't able to make it to
the St. Catherine's gig.

Other places to look into in my area:

Milestones--Rochester, NY
I've seen the new version of Mahavishnu Orchestra here. Project/Object (the
Zappa tribute band with Ike Willis) and Tony Levin have also played
Milestones, among many other big and not so big names in music.

http://www.milestonesmusicroom.com/

Water St. Music Hall/Club at Water St.--Rochester, NY
I recently saw Gov't Mule play at the music hall. It's a great venue that's
tied together with a cozier club.

http://www2.cityofrochester.net/cs/nsn/index.cfm?business=1418

Armory High--Syracuse, NY
I saw Guided By Voices in this club, which was built with live music in
mind. You can tell they paid a lot of attention to the acoustics. It's in
the popular Armory Square section of Syracuse.

http://armoryhigh.micronpcweb.com/