OFF: The MTV generation

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Thu Mar 13 09:45:19 EST 2003

Burn was really the last Purple album of the 70's, & even though Come Taste
the band was slightly better than Stormbringer, It was really to late to ave
the band by then. I believe the reason the MK4 lineup made an improvement on
Stormbringer though was down to the fact that Paice, Lord & Coverdale could
see exactly why Blackmore had left, & could also see the focus of the band
changing, so they made some drastic measures to rectify things, though I
think it was already too late.

William

PS Tommy Bolin made 2 solo albums around that time as well that were quite
good, & the early Whitesnake albums were almost like how Deep Purple should
have gone (until Coverdale ruined all that by replacing what he believed to
be an aging backing band with Bon Jovi lookalikes!).