The MTV generation (sorry, long)

Christian Mumford CharlieYuga at NETSCAPE.NET
Thu Mar 13 13:04:34 EST 2003

keith.henderson at PSI.CH wrote:

>P.P.S.  I used to have dreams all the time about unknown record stores
>that had racks full of Hawkwind albums, a bunch of which I had never
>seen before.  And I'd always be panicking, 'cause I never had enough
>money to buy them all and I didn't think I'd ever be back to that store
>again.  I wish I could remember all the weird titles and weird cover
>art that was on those lost albums of my dreams, 'cause they were quite
>vivid at the time.  Although in the end, they *all* would have turned
>out to be reissues* of 'Yuri Gagarin.'  :)  I also remember a reoccurring
>dream in a record store where the whole ceiling was giving way and a
>giant pile of dust and debris was falling on the record bins, but I
>was undeterred and fighting my way through it into the "H" Misc. section.
>Or perhaps that one was real.  :)
>
>*I think these dreams occurred before the endless reissuing began tho'.

I've always been a fanatic about Hawkwind and am the same way about the
"H" section in record stores. Have to take a look and see if there is
something new!

>P.P.P.S.  To link to that other thread about H bands that you always
>saw and wondered about while searching for Hawkwind albums in Misc.
>bins, for me it was Horslips.  To this day, I still don't have any clue
>who this band is/was!  But I'd recognize their LPs in a second.

Haha. With me it was/is The Hatters. They must suck. And Hanson.

Chr.