OFF: Motorpsycho

Christian Mumford CharlieYuga at NETSCAPE.NET
Fri Mar 14 08:25:46 EST 2003

I definetly have to recommend this latest CD by Norway's psych darlings
Motorpsycho, called "It's A Love Cult" - I just borrowed it at the local
library to check it out after seeing a review in Kerrang! of all places
as they are definetly not heavy metal anymore (were they ever?) but more
60's psych type stuff like Elevators, Beatles, "Pet Sounds", meets
Mercury Rev at their best, it's very nice, mellow and sunny. Motorpsycho
used to be more pop/rock in the 90's after the excellent "Demon Box"
(which sounded more like Amon Duul II and Husker Du), but "It's A Love
Cult" is one of the releases of the year with masterful 60's stylings
and classy studio production and solid songwriting. A true hippie record
that should appeal to all 60's heads.  Check it out!

tracklist:

Überwagner or A Billion Bubbles in my Mind
Circles
Neverland
This Otherness
Carousel