HW: making up stories of alternate realities

Andrew Apold andrew at SILVERWATER.ORG
Fri Mar 14 13:55:15 EST 2003

> In an alternate reality I probably copied my entire Hawkwind CD
> collection to CDR and threw the originals away and was accused by Dave
> Brock of fleecing the band.

Just tie these alternate realities in with Michael Moorcock's multiverse
with
various avatars of the same figures and conjunctions of the spheres....

In an alternate universe #23423b

This alternate universe proceeds pretty much as normal until the Atomhenge
tour.  Then...

Bob Calvert accidentally shoots Doug Smith with his gun "prop".  After a
highly
publicized court trial which gained the group much publicity and notoriety,
Hawkwind launched a benefit concert to fund his legal defense.  Due to the
high level of attention, huge sums of revenue are generated.   After an
argument,
Dave Brock sacks their lawyer, and decides to let Calvert defend himself.
Without
informing Calvert about this, mind you.  Calvert's brilliant improvisation
is a piece of
poetic mastery, but the Judge doesn't know brilliance and finds Calvert
guilty.
 All appears lost until Lemmy returns to lead a prison break which is
successful, but
forces the band to flee, picking up fellow cellmate Bainbridge (outside the
law)
who has made contacts with the french underground while in prison.  They
make
it to France, where by clever use of wigs they are able to take a jet to
Reunion,
staying one steap ahead of interpol until they are granted refuge in the
Comoros
by french mercenary Bob Denard.  Another huge concert is planned in the
caldera
of the volcano of the main isle, with a major pyrotechnics show being one of
the main
attractions.  Many friends and relations from around the world attend this
event, including
Nik, who is a member of the "boy band" IZU (in this alternate universes the
punk
movement never happened and the "boy band" movement took its place).  Nik
attempts
to convince Dave that this trend will be useful in impressing chicks, but in
the middle of
this conversation the volcano begins to erupt.  All appears lost until a
mysterious
silvery flying machine appears and.....