HW: Tour Dates & Hawkfest 2003

DRider Hawkwind at ATTBI.COM
Fri Mar 14 20:11:48 EST 2003

offline - not gonna do it
not w/ all the BS posts that others send.....

plus - others might find this helpful somewhere down the line...

We be talkin' FLORIDA!

Andrew is correct about the Carefree Theater being a potential venue in
South Florida. Another good one would be a club called Culture. The Carefree
is like the Phantasy Theater in Cleveland - an old movie theatre turned
concert venue. They don't get alot of shows there, but the ones they get are
good - MMW, Govt. Mule etc... Culture is more eclectic w/ a jamband one
night and the ORB another. Steve Kimock is playing there tonight and
tomorrow. I have some contacts that may be able to help out w/ scheduling
gigs at either one of these venues.

If the band wanted to start in the south and work North, there's a decent
venue in Orlando called The Social. The Legendary Pink Dots played there
some months back..... similar roster as the Culture, but not nearly as
big....

In St. Pete, we have one of the best venues in the state: Jannus Landing.
This is a restaurant on the front side and the back is an open courtyard w/
large oak trees. Basically the stores that circle the block surround this
courtyard.

Here in Jacksonville, there are several clubs that would work well. I know
the promoter in town personally and could definitely get a gig booked if
given enough advance notice. I have already laid the groundwork, so I would
just need a heads up......

Just say the word and I would be happy to help out!

Peace,