the calvert site...needs some infos

kgerwers kg at THING.DE
Tue Mar 18 14:04:45 EST 2003

hi everybody,
after a long long silence...
a lot of response and requests to bring the site back to life
AND most of all a generous offer by Jerry Kranitz to host the site,
the spirit of the p/age will -eventually- return.
I am still in the process of updating the site - adding lots of new stuff etc.

maybe some of you can help me out with a few infos and/or material:

> I want to update most of the sound-files in terms of quality - does anybody
have a 1st generation copy of Calvert reading the poems from "Centigrade 232"
and has it -ideally- already copied onto cd? (and of course could pass on a copy...)
I already have a copy on tape which is, I believe 2nd or 3rd generation....having something
better would be quite good...

> can anyone help me out on this: there's a song and a poem by Calvert called "Crane Fly" -
but...what's a "Crane Fly" an insect, a construction machine...a mixture of both - my dictionaries won't help...

> this is more of a "fan" question - I've bought all of the original "Weird Tapes"
feat. Calvert and have seen that they've now been released on cd as well.
is the sound-quality "significantly" better...I mean, do I absolutely got to have those?
--- and then there were/are (I believe) two releases of Hawkwind live material from 1976.
are these identical recordings / the same gig? do those releases feature the same tracks,
and which one would you recommend?

> another / similar request: what about that "Revenge" release - is the quality exceeding
that of the tape that was around (and which I already have)?

> and.... of course, if you think you have any material that might find its place on the
Calvert-site, do let me know...

- oh yes,  I am in possession of one of those original 8-track copies of the Capt. Lockheed
albums - I don't have a machine to play it, have the cd etc....so, if anyone's interested, I'd be
happy to swap it with all things Calvertian... - or, in case you have a cd copy of the moorcock
entropy-tango / gloriana recordings... - if you got anything you like to offer / swap, please
mail to my own account - thanks

best,
knut.gerwers