the calvert site...needs some infos

Ketil Svendsen ketil.svendsen at FISKAREN.NHST.NO
Wed Mar 19 05:09:22 EST 2003

Seems to be a "daddy longlegs" :-)

Encyclopedia.com

crane fly crane fly,true flyresembling a mosquito, often called daddy longlegs because of its six long, delicate legs. (The harvestman, also called daddy longlegs, belongs to an
unrelated order.) Most species of crane flies have a single pair of wings and slender bodies. They feed upon plant substances and frequent damp places ...

Merriam Webster:

Main Entry: crane fly Function: noun Date: 1658
: any of a family (Tipulidae) of long-legged slender dipteran flies that resemble large mosquitoes but do not bite

best regards,
Ketil Svendsen,
Norway

ps. happy to hear your site'll be back online!