HW: Lightshow artwork wanted

Neil Ward Chaosillumi at CHAOSILLUMI.F9.CO.UK
Wed Mar 19 07:45:00 EST 2003

Hi,

Would you like to see your name in lights at the next Hawkwind gig? Well,
perhaps not quite your name, but if you are a budding artist and have any
suitable original artwork that you think could be used in the lightshow,
then here's your chance to see it used.

As you may have noticed we have the ability to project any still images or
animations/video sequences behind the band, and are always on the lookout
for new material. We can accept images in almost any format such as BMP,
JPEG, AVI or just plain old paper that we can scan. If you have a flick-book
animation (running stick man anyone?), then we can scan that and produce a
suitable video file from that.

It must be *original* artwork and preferrably in keeping with the Hawkwind
style (plenty to go at there then). Simple kaleidoscope type patterns are
most welcome, and high contrast black and white images are also good, as
they can easily be used or animated by us, but more specific art is also
useful as long as it can be related to the songs being played, far-off
planets are a good bet. Or dogs that talk like boys.

You can EMail any bitmaps, GIFs or AVIs to artwork at chaosillumination.co.uk
The higher resolution the better as far as we're concerned, but please EMail
us first before posting more than about 5Mb per file. If you want to send us
paper then drop us an EMail and we'll arrange something.

By sending Chaos Illumination artwork you will be agreeing to Chaos
Illumination using it directly or indirectly at any Hawkwind (only) show at
our and the bands' discretion. We may warp or distort the images as we feel
neccessary to fit in with the show. You will also agree to the artwork being
filmed or photographed for potential transfer to videocassette, DVD or other
distribution.  No payment will be made for any artwork used. The copyright
of any artwork supplied to Chaos Illumination will remain with the provider.

Thanks,
Chaos Illumination.