HW: UPDATE on The One Eyed Bishops & SLOTERDIJK ( New Free tunes & more!! )

Burro Mike sloterdijk at MSN.COM
Thu Mar 20 16:54:53 EST 2003

Greetings friends,
Having found this moment to write, I'd like to update you on The One Eyed Bishops & SLOTERDIJK
The One Eyed Bishops:
The OEBs are currently booking concert & festival dates for their summer 2003 season. Our next appearance will be at Borders Books in Mays Landing New Jersey, Friday, April 18th ( see http://theoneeyedbishops.iuma.com under shows ). We'll be pulling out some different & new material, as well as supporting our soon to be released new album entitled: The One Eyed Bishops  @ The School of Rock-n-Roll.
*As a taster for the new album, I have uploaded two cuts to our website. The titles are: 'The Red Rooster' & 'Hymie The Winey'
Personnel for these tracks include the following: Mike Burro, Jay Adcock, Phil Smith ( Headsmith), Keith Grant Evans ( The Downliners Sect) & Paul 'Prof' McDowell (The Famous Potatoes)
post production & engineering by Terry Clemson ( The Downliners Sect, Gene Vincent, The TT's)
In addition, I continue to make current demo & live recordings available to those who are interested and have just replaced and rearranged the song list at: http://theoneeyedbishops.iuma.com
Included now are three new demos straight from the studio 2 u! I am happy to offer a new original composition to The OEBs repertoire entitled, 'All I want is You'. This version with an additional lead guitar was an experiment. In actuality I prefer the instrumentation without the lead work.
Also a variation of Carl Perkins' 'Boppin The Blues'
NEW SLOTERDIJK RECORDINGS & NEWS
SLOTERDIJK  has contributed to the  Hawkwind tribute cd being released by Godreah Records UK. www.godreah.com Other artists include, Tim Blake ( Hawkwind, Gong), Huw Lloyd Langton ( Hawkwind), Alan Davey ( Hawkwind, Bedouin), Harvey Bainbridge ( Hawkwind, Intersteller Chaos), Spacehead & more.  This is sure to be an exceptional comp!
I have also uploaded a new version of an old tune ( much shorter too) for all you SLOTERDIJK supporters. 'Integration 203'  basically represents my trying to figure out how to teach the instrument parts to other musicians. It's rather rough, and not of any great significance, other than, that it represents my interest in putting together a new lineup ( with Jay Adcock remaining) and possibly doing a few very select live dates. Sloterdijk will no longer employ drum machines for percussive programming. I will be looking to add a live drummer, synth player, and bassist; as well as an additional lead guitarist. It will be Jay Adcock's choice as to whether he wants to remain on guitar & synth, or to take up the drumkit.
Recently it has come to my attention, that a lot more people are interested in seeing SLOTERDIJK than I realistically imagined. Although I continue to press ahead with The OEBs, it seems there is a genuine and sincere interest in SLOTERDIJK.  I'd like to thank those of you who have written or have purchased various cds. Every cent goes directly back into the band(s) most  likely funding travel expenses somewhere down the line. Your continued interest in Sloterdijk, is what keeps me interested in Sloterdijk
Enjoy the music! Cheers! Mike Burro