BOC: ericbloom.net is online

Mon Mar 24 09:58:56 EST 2003

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Brian Halligan wrote:

> It looks like they're still sorting out some bugs, at least as far as the
> Mac I use at work goes (I viewed it with the latest versions of IE and
> Netscape), but otherwise the site looks pretty cool. There's a nifty Flash
> intro of Eric riding his Harley on an alien planet.
>
> Please no e-mail on how Flash intros are the antithesis of responsible Web
> design. ;-) It's a SHORT Flash intro that you can easily skip.

        Works all right under w3m too :-)

> http://www.ericbloom.net

        Difficult to get a full impression without signing up, but it
seems like an awful lot of money to join Erc's fanclub. He's basically got
the idea that he can charge for putting what he puts in AOL folders and
such like here a day or two early, is a nasty way to look at it. But hey,
he's on-line and in touch and this I applaud. Just there's an awful lot of
hardsell and little enough to see on the outside... Yours,
                                                           Jon

ObCD: Roky Erickson and the Explosives - _Casting the Runes_
--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)