HW: how long, how many, and why

Wed Mar 26 19:01:40 EST 2003

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Amphetamine Embalmer wrote:

> a little Hawkwind poll:
>
> *Hawkwind fan: massive, obsessed since 1988

        Previously massive, now rather disenchanted.

> *how many CD's: about 120

        32 CDs, 3 LPs, 5 cassette albums, 3 CDEPs and 1 12" EP. Not
counting the Friends and Relations stuff which probably doubles that (or
more, depending on how many links you allow :-> )

> *collects live recordings and other Hawkwind junk: yes

        No. Don't turn it down if it comes my way, but don't need it.

> *why a Hawkwind fan: their longevity, punk,
> psychedelia and heavy metal fused into spacerock

        Because of the places you can go on _Space Ritual_ and the effect
their output has on my head. When it's good...

> *First album you picked up: Chronicle of The Black
> Sword, 1988

        _Spirit of the Age_ comp on Elite in 1995; then some person on
this list gave me a copy of _Live Chronicles_ they didn't want. They
didn't quite say, "First one's always free kid!" but they might as
well've. Thankyou that person :-)

> *Seen live how many times: twice, in 1991 and 1995

        Um, 1996 at Brixton, Blackheath and Shepherd's Bush in 1997,
Fairfield Halls in 1998 if that's when it was, Hawkestra and again at
Croydon and then at the Astoria 2000, Canterbury, Walthamstow and the
Forum 2001 and Walthamstow again 2002, which is 11.

> *Nik or Dave: Dave

        Both or neither is right, but Dave's slightly more likely to
produce music.

        Yours,
               Jon
--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)