[Rave pictures, free party news and drugs information] How SLOTERDIJK came to be

Alastair Sumner alastair_sumner at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 28 11:33:27 EST 2003

I always wondered why an American band was named after a district of
Amsterdam. I didn't go to the Alien Eclipse, some of my friends did, but I
used to go to loads of secret location parties in Amsterdam, the Beat Club
and Hellraiser etc. in 1991-1992 and later in the summers of 1996-1997. You
had to go behind Central Station on a Saturday night, look at the flyers,
pick a party and off you went on a little bus waiting there for you. Best
parties I have ever been to by far. It was easy to see why people got
swallowed up in Amsterdam.

Alastair.

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:01:26 -0400, Burro Mike <sloterdijk at MSN.COM> wrote:

>Hey all,
>I was perusing the internet when I cam across this site with reviews and
experiences pertaining to psychedelic events. I was blown away when I found
a review from 1996, which described the 'festival', that altered me enough
to consider SLOTERDIJK ( the band) to have been 'born' there. For those of
you with any interest, the story appears at the link below. Cheers!
Mikehttp://www.partyvibe.com/articles/alien_eclipse.htm