Pink Fairies/Hawkwind "Weird" tapes

Andrew Garibaldi Deadearnest at BTOPENWORLD.COM
Sun Mar 30 10:21:16 EST 2003

Might be of interest to some of you, but when the first three Pink Fairies
albums got the "remaster plus bonus tracks" treatment last year, at CD
Services, I advertised "What A Bunch Of Sweeties" as having five extra
tracks. Later after release, it was pointed out to me that the release did
only have  two extra tracks and so I assumed I'd blown a fuse. But in last
week's CDS catalogue spring clean, I found the original promo sheet for the
album, and, indeed five bonus tracks were listed, notably:
Going Down(5.35) and Walk Don't Run(10.35) that did appear plus three tracks
that, for reasons unknown, were scheduled to appear but didn't notably:
Paul Nr 37(3.48)/X-Ray(Alt version/3.02)/I Saw Her Standing There(alt
version/3.14)
Another mystery kind of solved!!!
If anyone's interested, I picked up a copy each of the original Hawkwind
Weird TAPES, notably numbers 102 and 103, originals not copies, from our
local second hand shop, so if anyone wants them, then £5.99 plus postage
secures each (what I paid for them, basically). Transaction can be done via
CD Services or Paypal - first one in gets them.
More soon!
Oh - the reissued "Stasis" CD and "Epoch Eclipse" 3CD set are in stock this
coming Friday.
Toodles,
Andy G.
deadearnest at btopenworld.com